I’ve known about it for a long time. I’ve known that I have a quirky family. Let’s be honest, you don’t want to know the quirks of your Spiritual Leaders do you? The Reverend and his family have quirks. Some. Yes, we have embraced our inner weird. We’ve accepted it long ago. Do you want to know and put a face to someone who cleans out their nose a certain way? No? Well, then this post is not for you.
My family will remain nameless, but extended family is welcome to take credit for some of the quirks, if they feel so bold as to do so.
I have outed some of my more mundane quirks. Today I out the Reverend’s Family and those in the extended sides. I think I’ve probably terrified a few by that little statement. Well, I couldn’t be alone now, could I? You can rebuke me later…I won’t name names if that helps.
In no particular order with no particular gender assumption I give you the weird side of the Reverend’s much-loved, mostly acceptable bunch.
1. Someone just can’t help sniffing every single candy before it is ingested. Can. NOT. Help. It.
2. Prays with a conversational voice while walking around so we never know if they are actually talking to us or Him. Scheduled events have gone unwritten on the calendar because of this inside voice. Sometimes they are talking to us.
3. Has to touch and possibly move every item in the house. If I left something in one place it likely will have moved to a place only known to one person…and that person ain’t talkin’.
4. Thinks we all chew/swallow too loud. Apparently, it is annoying.
5. Cannot watch a sports game without loud volume and then complains when we try to communicate (talk) whilst the loud crowd cheers over something.
7. Hates water on the floor, because when it gets cold, and she steps on this cold water it makes her loo loo. Crazy cakes! Said water on the floor is thanks to the one who hunts her cat food.
8. Thinks child noise is wonderful yet feels like it’s tearing her ears out at the loudest of times.
9. Thinks smelling farts is a must. Inhale deeply to get it all.
10. Saying “Fart” is funny EVERY time. Has pet names for farts like “tart” or “park”…tries to hide the word fart in normal conversation.
11. Has to adjust themselves (you guys know what I mean) ALL the time. Do you need that much adjustment? I’m thinking new underwear.
12. Loud scraping of a knife on a plate can send one into an internal (or external) shiver and a loud “Ahhhh!!”
13. Hates it when someone is reading over his shoulder. He can’t read while someone is lurking. Can’t do it.
14. Types so loud the neighbors can hear it. I don’t know why the letters must be pounded with such enthusiasm but they are. They must be writing something terribly exciting all the time!
15. LOVES to be tickled. I think it’s crazy but what can you do? Just tickle.
16. HATES to be tickled. Tickle me and DIE. Not really, but to come out of it severely injured, is a possibility.
17. Is the most patient and loving person until you make her plan something and time is running out. Getting in the vehicle with you can be a lesson in hysteria as she lurches from one stop sign to the next. RRrrreeeev. ERCH. RRRrrrrev. ERCH. Fun times!
18. Needs to end on an even number…I don’t know why…but that would be ME.
I love my family. I love that they love me as I am and I love them as they are. Let’s face it, we all have our “things” that people either get irritated about or get over it and accept who we are.
Around here we call some things “Doing a Marcy”.